Black Bean & Fresh Corn Salad
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 – 29 ounce can organic black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups fresh sweet corn kernels (about 6 ears)
- 1 cup heirloom cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 sweet pepper, finely diced (choice of color)
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup parsley, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- Place lime zest and juice, olive oil, garlic, cumin and black pepper in a small jar. Cover with lid, and shake until ingredients are well mixed.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a salad bowl and toss to mix. Shake lime dressing, and pour it over the salad. Stir salad to coat vegetables and beans with dressing, and serve.